This tour aims at showing the eastern side of Madeira. Main attractions are Pico do Areeiro, Ribeiro Frio with its trout ponds, the typical straw-roofed houses of Santana, Porto da Cruz, with its beaches facing north and its rum factory, and Caniçal, in the eastern end of Madeira.
- Pick up from hotel/lodging
- Pico do Areeiro (second highest mountain in Madeira, at 1818 metres)
- Ribeiro Frio (visit to trout farm, and option of completing walk along levada dos Balcoes, circa 45 minutes)
- 45 minutes off road around Cruzinhas
- Santana (visit to straw thatched houses and optional lunch)
- Porto da Cruz (visit to rum factory)
- Return to hotel/lodging